I’m so excited because I’ve been selected as a 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook Ambassador! As a Cookbook Ambassador I received an advance copy (available October 25) of Lisa Leake’s new cookbook Fast & Fabulous and had the chance to try out some of her new recipes! Yum!!
Live Green – Eat Real Food
Not only am I excited to promote a great cookbook since I have been following Lisa and 100 Days of Real Food for years but I’m also excited because eating real food is a great way to practice environmentally friendly habits!
Eating real, organic foods:
- reduces the need to purchase products in packaging which in turn creates less waste
- supports sustainable farming methods which eliminate the use of harmful chemicals or pesticides
- promotes shopping at local famer’s markets so food travels a shorter distance to get to you which uses less fuel (aka natural resources).
Enough about why I’m so excited and onto a yummy recipe!
White Chicken Chili
We are big chili eaters in our house but I have been making the same recipe for a long time so I was excited to switch things up and try 100 Days of Real Food’s White Chicken Chili. And, with a total time in the kitchen of about 40 minutes and a difficultly level of “EASY” I was sold!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (or use leftover cooked chicken)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels (no need to thaw)
- Two 15-ounce cans white beans (such as Great Northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth, store bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- TOPPINGS: Chopped cilantro, sour cream, grated Monterey Jack cheese, diced avocado, and/or corn tortilla strips